If you buy a “second” home in Spain or if you are planning to emigrate to Spain, it is important to arrange a good insurance for your new property.

At Tummers Invest we have a good relationship with several banks and insurance companies to see which insurance or insurance package is most appropriate for you.

For your information we have listed the most necessary insurances again.

  • Home insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Liability insurance
  • Travel Insurance
  • Car Insurance
  • Private health insurance

Home insurance

A home insurance covers damage to your home caused by, for example fire, lightning, storm, explosion, theft and burglary. Also, this insurance covers water damage caused by you or by others (your neighbors above example).
The amount insured is the reconstruction value of your home. That is the amount you would need to spend to rebuild your home (excl. The soil and foundation). Usually, the reinstatement is stated in an appraisal report.

Contents insurance

Are you going to rent a house, you should only insure your possessions (furniture, clothing, audio equipment, etc.). The contents insurance covers damage to items you have in your home. Think of damage after a fire or a burst water pipe. Or compensation for the stuff you lost after you noticed someone broke into your house. Insurance is tailored to your personal situation, which looks at the value of your possessions and your living situation.

Liability insurance

It may be that others suffer financial damage or personal injuries where you or your family members are liable for. This could have serious financial consequences for you. For all this you can insure yourself. This insurance covers also include damage caused by your pet (s). You can insure a liability in the tenancy and / or contents insurance.

Travel insurance

Are you a resident in Spain and traveling regularly in other countries, a continuous travel insurance is your first priority. There are travel insurances without any restrictions on the number of trips you can make, depending on the type of coverage you choose, you can travel up to 100 consecutive days, also in Spain. A continuous travel insurance covers from the moment you book the trip up to the moment you return home. Cancellations, medical expenses, hospital expenses, delayed flights, lost documents and luggage.

Car insurance

Also in Spain, your car needs to be properly insured.
In Spain they use the term “No claim discount” and it is therefore advisable for emigration to ask your insurer for a written explanation cancellation / no-claim statement. This however can only be issued if the insurance has been terminated. Asked whether he could be redirected or ask friends or family, or else do that for you. Ask if they first want to be sure to make a copy of it.

Private health insurance

We would like mention the importance of having good health insurance or hospitalization insurance again. Are you seriously ill and you are not insured, the costs can be high. Before you enter a hospital in Spain you must indicate where you are insured, and if that is not possible, they want a guarantee. Seriously sick will always be helped, this means that one can´t simply let death, but a hefty bill always follows